SENIOR MANAGING DIRECTOR
Columnist – Biz magazine
Since 2013: Account Manager, ROBBINEX INC., been involved in the ownership transitioning process of about two dozen mid-market companies. His specialty is in helping entrepreneurs bring their companies to market, and achieve their personal goals. He also speaks some French.
2013-2014: Chief Advisor and Associate Vice President, PROLICY GROUP INCORPORATED.
- As a consultant, he lead projects in innovative integrated P.R., public policy analysis, service program design and delivery, government relations/ political advocacy, new media marketing, events, branding development, social media strategy, business development and more;
2011-2012: President & CEO, founding and spearheading TRANSHUB ONTARIO, a leading transportation-focused economic development advocacy association in Southern Ontario;
- The recognized leader in creating and sustaining a transportation strategy to drive private sector economic growth and job creation for the region, and increase goods movement within and through the local supply chain;
1998-2013: CEO, HAMILTON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE.
- Oversaw and spearheaded the everyday business of the Chamber, Hamilton Ontario’s leading business advocacy and education awareness industry association, which represents the entire business community in that district; providing value to over 2,000 members, representing 1,300 employers of all sizes, ensuring net membership growth during his tenure in excess of 30%.
- Amongst many awards, in 2002 earned the prestigious Carnegie Award for outstanding leadership and mentoring.
- During his tenure, the Hamilton Chamber earned second place in a global completion for Best Small Business project, and in 2008 earned an award for best economic development project in Ontario.
1976-1997: Served in various capacities (Branch Administration, Commercial Marketing/Services, Commercial Mid-Market Account Management and Manager, Commercial Banking) BMo BANK OF MONTREAL throughout South Western Ontario gaining great experience in dealing with the financial and banking needs of many clients, primarily mid-market entrepreneurs. In 1990 earned the President’s Award of Excellence.
1969-1976: Served in the CANADIAN ARMED FORCES.
- B.A. History (Sir George William University, 1972)
- Teacher’s College (McGill University, 1973)
- Attended various B, BComm level course at both Brock & McMaster Universities in the 1980’s under the Fellowship of Canadian Bakers program in the 1980’s
- Attending 3 years of the Canadian Institute of Organization Management at the Ivy School of Business at Western University, 1998-2002
- Hon. B.A. (University of Toronto, 1978)
- Canadian Securities Course, 1990
For more about John Dolbec visit: www.linkedin.com/in/johndolbec
If you would like to contact John about business exit planning, selling your company, or a valuation, please use this contact form.