D.M. (DOUG) ROBBINS
FCBI, MCBC, M&AMI, CM&A, CSBA, CMEA
Since 1974: President and Founder of Robbinex Inc.
Doug is an internationally renowned Canadian Business Intermediary and Business Broker. He is a seasoned businessman having completed more than 1,000 assignments relating to advising clients on Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A); valuations; transferring businesses to the next generation; partnership resolutions; refinancing; along with numerous other consulting activities. He has completed more than 400 business sales; and invested in 32 businesses. Doug is a licensed Real Estate & Business Broker in the Province of Ontario.
Doug has always actively supported the M&A profession through investing significant time and energy by way of memberships, lecturing, and presenting workshops in numerous M&A organizations.
- Exclusive Canadian Representative to M&A Worldwide (since 2016)
- Member of the IBBA (International Business Brokers Association, (since 1988) (FCBI)
- Member and Founding Director of the M & A Source, (since 1991) (M&AMI)
- Member of the AM&AA (Alliance of Merger and Acquisition Advisors), (since 1998) (CM&A)
- Member and past board member of the CVBBA (Carolina Virginia Business Brokers Association) (since 2000)
- The Hamilton Chamber of Commerce since (since 1985)
- Member and past board member The Stoney Creek Chamber of Commerce (since 1988)
- Founding director of the OBBA (Ontario Business Brokers Association) 1989 -1993
- Member of the ICBC (Institute of Certified Business Councillors), (MCBC) 1995 – 2009
- Served on the ICBC Board of Directors 2006/7
- Founding Member of the ICFG (headquartered in Europe)
- Served on the Board of ICFG in May 2006 – 2007
- Optimist Club 1968 – 1975
- Board member 1972- 1974
- Part time faculty of Mohawk College 1977 -1986
- Advisory board for Business 1983 – 1985
- Rotary Club of Hamilton (300+ Members) 1976 – 2001
- Board member 1980 – 1982
- A Paul Harris Fellow
- Board of directors Hope Haven Homes (Abused Mothers) 1977 -1979
- The Hamilton Club 1982 – 2001
- The Brantford Club 2000 – 2014
- Founding President of Jamesville BIA 1984 -1988
- Board of directors, Jamesville Daycare 1990 – 1992
- Board of governors, Hillfield Strathallan College (1200 Students) 2004-2006
A dynamic and well-received speaker and workshop leader on various business topics, Doug has addressed the Industry Standing Committee at the Canadian House of Commons, appeared numerous times on CBC’s Venture (a CBC prime time television show), BNN (Business News Network), Patricia Lovett Reid’s “Money Matters”, CHCH TV, numerous Radio stations, written two books, the first entitled “Getting into Business” and the second “There’s Always a Way to Sell Your Business”. He has also provided regular columns for numerous business publications.
Doug is a strong believer in excellence and his firm, Robbinex Inc. is the only firm to have created and taken a process for selling businesses through the arduous process of achieving an ISO 9001 certification in 2002. Robbinex continues to evolve and annually has taken a third party audit to ensure continuing compliance. The company was recently upgraded to ISO 9001-2015.
Doug has always been a committed to education and excellence in the Mergers and Acquisitions field, and has addressed more than 100 major Merger & Acquisition conferences as a keynote speaker and workshop leader. He also regularly addresses various business associations and business groups on a far ranging array of topics on Business matters.
Doug’s past experiences include working as an electrician (1963), a telephone installer and later a sales representative for Bell Canada (1963 -1969), A partner in a 4 store Pizzeria (1969-1970) and as the Ontario Franchise Manager with A & W Foods (1971-1974).
Both Doug and his wife Marie, are active volunteers in their community founding and serving on numerous boards. Their activities have included involvement with the local Chambers of Commerce, Rotary Clubs, Newspapers, local Colleges, Libraries, Conservation boards and Business Improvement Associations. Marie was recently voted “Citizen of the Year” in their local community.
Tel: (905) 523-7510 Ext 204